May 31, 2013

Rescheduling – nothing is ever simple

Using the cheeky redirection from before, I phoned the CIC Call Centre and spoke to a very nice guy about rescheduling my appointment to pick up my PR card. After putting me on hold to check, he said that he wasn’t able to reschedule my appointment himself. If I missed the appointment, the CIC would just send me another appointment letter – usually within six months.

Alternatively, I could try faxing the Vancouver Permanent Resident Card Centre (fax number 604-666-6168) with all of my details and explain that I wouldn’t make the appointment and could they reschedule for after our moving date. So this is what I’ve done – let’s see if they acknowledge my fax or just send a new letter or completely ignore everything and just send another letter after June!

And now, because I won’t have my PR card by the time we move, but we don’t want any issues with taking a one-way flight without the card, plus we want to go through the Canadian Residents line, but without being told off, I’ll be applying for a travel document.

I looked into this a few months ago, when it first looked like I wouldn’t have the PR card in time, but a new Visa Application Centre has opened up in London, so I need to check the process to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment